Friday, March 9, 2007

In case you forgot,


Once upon a time, probably in the lost days of Danse Manatee, I wrote about this little band called Land of Talk, a group consisting of 2 boys who know how to please us indie-rock lovers and one girl who has a pretty and catchy voice with just enough roughness to tone down her inevitable feminine sweetness. I kind of forgot about the band, who only have one CD out (but one fantastic CD) until yesterday when I found their CD, Applause, Cheer, Boo, Hiss among the many stacks of new music at the station, causing me to be kind of re-excited about this band.

track.Speak to Me Bones
track.All My Friends
space.

----

Elsewhere in music I already covered but suddenly remembered how fantastic they are and am surprised that they still are not soops popular:
The Coral Sea is a band I saw play last summer in a tiny record store in the late afternoon, with sunlight creeping on our toasty skin as we all sat cross-legged around these lovers. They play lush pop music complete with incredible violins and cellos. The songs are perfectly constructed but so so beautiful and rich in sound. They'll make you feel as if you're sitting in front of one of those giant aquariums, minus the fish and minus any grime. Pure blue. They feel like pure blue oceans and blue skies except that it's refreshing and invigorating instead of overly ambient and dreamy. Anyways, news is that they recently got their song played on Grey's Anatomy! I'm overly joyed for them because I think their songs are so well done that they deserve some mainstream publicity. Anyways, take a listen and feel so so pretty.

track.Look at Her Face
track.Yesterday/Tomorrow
space.

No comments: