Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Docking Formation

Dear music,
I'm doing my best to love you again, promise. Let's get together tonight for some CSS-style Hot Hot Sex.
Love,
Caitlin.


-----------
(c) Zoe Pedziwiatr

You know those bands that are so so fantastic, but only have, like, one album to their name? I usually don't listen to them tons because I am afraid to outwear the music. Case in point: the Go! Team. Fantastic album, but one that doesn't allow itself to be listened to all day everday. Well thank (the music) God for Dean downloading live Go! Team songs. Popular consensus* says that these versions are even more fantastic than the originals. The music is much more understandable for the ears. With all of the studio production stripped away, you're left with songs that shine with raw-beauty. Songs that are much more honest and personable than their wild counterparts. Don't get me wrong, these are definately the same songs, with the same sounds, but with a bit more realness infused into the mixture. And even better, you can understand the lyrics. Certain participants in aforementioned study noticed some or all of these effects:
-boosts of endorphins that feel like rays of sunshine
-contented smiles
-inspirational desire to pick flowers, do homework, look at dinosaurs, and go rollerskating
-tears

1. Huddle Formation
2. Junior Kickstart
3. Bottle Rocket
4. We Just Won't Be Defeated
5. Lady Flash
6. The Ice Storm
7. Huddle Formation (Kevin Shields remix)

Note: It is unacceptable to not download all of these songs, but I am unable to enforce this because I don't know how to zip up sweaters. I mean files.

*Study done by sci-sci-scientists and paleos Dean Snodgrass and Caitlin Hannah in dorm room labs

1 comment:

dean said...

I try to drop science whenever I get a chance.