Friday, March 16, 2007

Bear on Bunny


There are a couple things which I'm thrilled to find to be totally in style right now, namely cuteness and awkwardness. It's possible that this is simply due to the nerdies growing up and finding that they still like what always made them nerdy. It could be that I only think these things are in style because I think they're really cool and because nerdiness is the key ingredient to cool for me. Thing is, I'm pretty sure maintstream humor has embraced the awkward, and mainstream style has embraced the cute and fuzzy. Well, now it's time for another band to cash in on this super cool wave of style (minus the technique): a little big band called The Awkward Stage. Let me just say that I have been trying to like this band since I saw their band name, their album name (Heaven is for Easy Girls), song names (including T-Rexia Nervosa and I Love You, Hipster Darling), and even their super awesome album artwork which features a collection of awkward pictures taken for a pretend awkward prom, complete with head gear and cute girl with large ears. The album on a whole leaves the ladies wanting, but that's not to say there aren't a few catchy cute gems.

track. Heaven is For Easy Girls
track. We're Going For a Ride
space. dock.

PS: Did you know that I have a penchant for surprises? Probs not. And you've probs been missing half the fun in some lucky older posts (boomshakalakah + Helen Keller = prime examples)

No comments: