Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Antarctica Takes It!



What is with cute bands using so many explanation points? I love it, because I love excitement and I love people getting excited. Antarctica Takes It! is another one of those bands thats been sitting in my iTunes, downloaded long long ago on some obscure blog, and waiting for me to give it an honest listen. Well, I finally found out that their song "I'm No Lover" is fantastic despite it's unimpressive length (1:37!). This band is much like Belle & Sebastian in the terms of cuteness/sweetness but they've got significantly less gloom. Aaannnd! It turns out this band is from Santa Cruz! If they weren't currently working on an album I'd be going to to all of their shows and pretending to be a cartoon with little hearts popping out of my ears as I listened. Because it's cute like that, you see.

track. I'm No Lover
track. Antarctica
space. Antarctica Takes It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Austin knows them. They live on Blackburn.

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?