Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blood, boils and locusts Oh my!


It should be no secret that I am a huge fan of the apocalypse and of disease, due almost entirely to zombies and 28 Days Later. For this reason, I was super psyched when I saw that there's a new movie coming out where the 10 Biblical plagues actually happen. Omg. I know, right? (and bonus: science vs. religion=maaajor theme!) It looks even better than the "sequel" to 28 Days Later, which in my opinion has too many explosions and not enough flesh devouring. Soooo. Number one. I'm psyched on this new apocalyptic movie. Number two, it gives me an excuse to bring up the compilation CD "Plague Songs", which consists of one song for each of the 10 Biblical plagues from artists like Brian Eno, Imogen Heap and Rufus Wainright. It's pretty fun, especially if you're a little bit creepy and find the apocalypse fascinating.

The Reaping comes out April 4th. You know I'll be there. Dressed up like the grim reaper. mmmmm babyyy


Tracks:
Klashnekoff - Blood (highly recommended)
Stephin Merritt (of The Magnetic Fields) - The Meaning of Lice
King Creosote - Relate the Tale


In my opinion, zombies should be the 11th plague. Cuz that'd just be fun.

No comments: