Tuesday, March 11, 2008

six days at the bottom of the ocean, one on the shoreline


The time that I've gone without declaring the illuminating goodness of Beach House is inexcusable. It's clear to me that nearly everyone & their mother may already be aware of how essential their music is, but SCREW IT! Devotion has become quite possibly my favorite record of the year, thus far. Suppose clouds were composed of sound waves with chandeliers hanging overhead, carrying you on a retrospective glimpse of a longterm relationship expressed through abstract stories & visions of unknown faraway lands. That's Beach House. This Saturday they'll be at Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco & I think I might buy something nice for a co-worker in order to get my shift covered that night. oh damn.




Something that is for sure is Explosions In The Sky next Wednesday in Santa Cruz with Dan-O & a plethora of killer clowns of the Del Mar/Nickelodeon persuasion. I may fall into a deep sleep from their orchestrated assault but it will surely be amazing regardless. & really when is the last time you heard me use that word?



Sweet sweet layers of feedback >>
- Live @ The Starlight Ballroom
- Live @ The Parish in Austin, Tx

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

mmmm I've been loving on Beach House so much lately. Also, I can't wait to see you when you come down

tortellini said...

you're a fucking tool.

tortellini said...

note: i am never to be taken seriously. except when i say that fun house is my favorite band.