Saturday, March 15, 2008

In retrospect


I still have no idea why Shapes & Sizes didn't take the blogworld by storm last year.

Alone/Alive
Head Movin'

These first two songs are simply fantastic, with what I describe as "messy": a catchy riff paired with some drums that go so wild you're left doing a simply uncomprehensible dance. It feels, well, really really good. It's like staying up too late making construction paper cutouts and then at 3am having all of the scraps of paper surrounding you jump up and fly in a messy messy circle all around you. Like Matilda, except things collide.

I actually don't know if it's like that for anyone else, but it is for me, and that's why I love it. Do me a favor and let me know that they are, in fact, fantastic and that I don't actually have bad taste.

Check out Shapes and Sizes' myspace here. Also, both these songs are off their sophomore album Split Lips, Winning Hips, a Shiner

1 comment:

Jon said...

I love this discordant pop wonderland. & you as well. you're a winner!