Friday, March 7, 2008

the guitar and the steer


This past Wednesday I found myself jumping for opposing forces of joy. My good friend Mia supplied me with a ticket to see the SOLD OUT surprisingly intimate sit-down Magnetic Fields show @ the Hearst Theater in San Francisco, as a part of their legendary reuniting. Their proverbial pop make up the most witty love songs, full of fuzz and heartbreaking noise, to come out of the 80's/90's, hands down. After a pint, or two (I chose beer in the midst of flossed out bohemian wineos), I was lead to my seat by a whispering tuxedo-ed usher & even picked up a couple damn fine exclusive screen prints. It was an awkwardly hilarious, precise and extremely unplugged. Each & every song was like a piece of Stephen Merritt's country heart being thrown to the stage floor, by way of ukulele of course.



Here is a pretty damn clear indication of how far their inspiration reaches:

The Arcade Fire - Born On A Train (live)

No comments: