Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Around The World In 60 Seconds" Issue #3


WOW! And welcome back to another issue of 'Around The World In 60 Seconds". Well it was a giant week for comic releases and comics I have read. First off, and I'll try to make this quick, last week I read Mark Millar's "WANTED". With an introduction from Brian K. Vaughn (LOST, Runaways, Ex Machina, Y The Last Man) that allows the read to ache to get to the last page, no one is disappointed. I loved this from start to finish, and like the words of B.K.V. the last pages alone will make everything worth it. Mark Millar is the writer of other such amazing comics: "Wolverine: Enemy of the State", Marvel Civil War, House of M, and many others (which if you've read know he is a very smart and face paced writer. Secondly continuing my love for Abe Sapien, this week the second installment to his solo 5-part comic series came out (See Around the World issue #1) and Mike Mignola is still doing a wonderful job at giving this amazing character more space and depth.
And finally....to the juice. This week (well yesterday, 3/11) Robert Kirkham dropped Walking Dead issue #47 titled "Mother and Child". While for those of you who refuse to be angered with waiting for ten page single issue to come out every other month I will not ruin the current standing of the Walking Dead cast, but OH MY GOD!!! I really, as the dedicated W.D. reader know exactly what Kirkham when he started this story arch called: NO ONE IS SAFE!
Okay, well thats all I've go to say for this week, but I can garantee you will see a post shortly about the release (3/11/08) of Brian Wood's DMZ trade paper back #4. I just wish I didn't have any more finals or papers to write...I JUST WANT TO READ MY DAMN COMICS!

p.s. they are coming out with a "WANTED" movie starting James Mcavoy and Jolie, and after I looked into it, the film has almost nothing to do with the comic.

Next Issue: DMZ #4, a preview to your favorite comics and their upcoming films!

No comments: