Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Around The WORLD IN 60 SECONDS" issue #2


Are you in the mood for some lobster? I'm not, I don't eat fish. But I am in the mood for some LOBSTER JOHNSON! Mike Mignola (the creator of Hellboy and B.P.R.D.) has now set in motion the Lobster Johnson mini-series that detail his adventures of fighting the Nazis. There are currently two issues out (I do believe only five will be released for now) for this so far amazing story arch "The Iron Prometheus". For any readers of Hellboy or B.P.R.D. we've only had glimpses of this amazing character. So for my first review I absolutely give two thumbs up to this new series that not only gives more depth to the character, but the world that Mike Mignola is so trying to expand this coming year. On a side note of L.J. director of both Hellboy and Hellboy: The Golden Army did not include L.J. in the second (soon to be released) film as was Mignola's wish, but does plan to include him in the third film rumored to be played by BRUCE CAMPBELL!!!
The second comic under review is a one-off story line from The Authority comic book written by John Ridley called "Human On The Inside" which in a contained and rather short fashion moves quickly, well written (in its dialogue and use of the characters), but also the art. And I just love it when it's an awesome super team up against the evil depicted U.S. government. It is definitely worth a read if you are familiar with The Authority (which you should be).

well I've written enough for this week. Again, if you have anything you want me to read - I will. Tell me, and it would also be nice to know what you think of my reviews.
feel free to e-mail me @: arhartman@gmail.com

No comments: