Friday, September 28, 2007

Cuteness obsession v3.0

First primordial dwarfs, then a ridiculously large bunny named Heir Hare, and now a special breed of cat that is noticably larger than others. What is it about overly large and small things that makes them so cute?? Today I stumbled upon this picture:

And while upon first glance, you may think "Yah riiiiiiiiiight. Dat ain't real boo", it is in fact, real boo. That right there is a 24lb Maine Coon cat. I looked into the breed of cat and it turns out they're predispostioned to be super cuddly as well as super big. They have really large ears, super fluffems tails, and big big tufted oogle-worthy paws. Wikipedia calls them "gentle giants" and says that they're intelligent and playful. In short, I considered flying out to Maine to pick one up from a breeder (that is, until I discovered you can adopt 16lb-ers in Oakland).

Here's another picture of Fluffers McGee looking super cute in the arms of this owner who looks exactly like me circa 2003. Coincidence? I think not..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a) that person looks so much like you i assumed it she was your sister-freaky freaky

b) in the county i was born in maine coon cats totally overpopulated the region, they were everywhere.

-nell

Anonymous said...

oh my godddd