Monday, September 3, 2007

#1 in scenes I had no idea existed

So, as some of you loyal fans may have noticed, this summer I was involved in the creation of a new dance troupe called Too Sexi Incorporated. We are commited to glitter, 90s jams, and syncronized dance moves. Every now and then (read: every 2 days or so) we get together, work on the creation of our all-mighty beeramid, make up some dance moves, and record in really low-quality that does very little to show off the kinds of outfits we pull together (think day-glo splatter paint overalls).

Just yesterday I was introduced to what is ultimately the main inspiration for our troop. Before this, it was just fun and games. I understood what we were doing, but not where we were going. Now I do. And the answer is Philadelphia. Training has just stepped up a notch now that I know what's out there. Here are videos from a famous dance battle earlier this year in Phily. First up, Club Lyfestile's dance, which Feathers prefers.



And this, my friends, is my personal fave Team Infinity, who may not be able to do flips, may not have skinny boys with mustaches, and may not throw glitter at the crowd, but who, for some reason, know how to pump up the jams and rock the house.



In Feathers' words, "My dream is to have my head lowered and hear the loud cheers of people chanting "DANCE OFF DANCE OFF" in my ears"

Too Sexi Incorporated is currently training for their ultimate trip to Philadelphia in one year to witness their favorite dance troops and to perhaps perform some stunts of their own. Please send donations, especially in the form of glitter, dance mixes, spotlights, disco balls, strobe lights, fog juice (our machine is hungry), and beer to the Too Sexi Incorporated headquarters, located in downtown Awesomeville.

TSI's space - TSI's videos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T.S.I's debut is coming.. Are you redi?

PUMP Up THE GAMS!

Anonymous said...

we are ready and waiting for you...

xoxo
PHILADELPHIA