Tuesday, October 2, 2007

what it is what it do

I think everything will just be downhill from here. Last weekend I saw (in order) Ladytron, The Chemical Brothers, Dan Deacon and Girl Talk. By Sunday morning I was pretty much paralized from the waist down and in a deep euphoric state similar to drinking 8 onces of Kava. Breakdown!

Ladytron-
started off pretty weak but picked up speed towards the end. Overall a neat performance but stood quivering in the shadows of the Chemical Brothers.

The Chemical Brothers-
Fucking amazing. Their performance was on par with Sigur Ros except the chemical brothers had several thousands of dollars invested in LASERS!!!!!! The video projection was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and completly restored my faith in VJs. They played a whole bunch of stuff off of their new album We are The Night which was pretty quality. here is a sample:

Das Spiegel - The Chemical Brothers

Dan Deacon-
If I get by a 30ft great white the next time I take a bath, I would die knowing the I had at least one accomplishment: I saw and survived a Dan Deacon show. He had a flashing green skull, n'uff said. I ripped a live copy of "Silence like the Wind" to help me come down from the performance.

Silence like the Wind - Dan Deacon


Girl Talk-
Greg Gillis looks a lot like Jesus. He also was received by the crowd as if he was Jesus. Maybe he is the new messiah, or better yet, the new anti-christ (move over Rasputin). Either way I now can say that I have been on stage at the Hollywood Bowl and the Fillmore without playing a single note. Here is a highlight of the show:

Knife (Girl Talk Remix)- Grizzly Bear


Best weekend ever? Maybe.

p.s. Here is some proof that the show was awesome:




No comments: