Monday, April 9, 2007

I can't believe they're not fame-fame pt.2


In case any of you are getting tired of how funky Dean and I's chicken (read: music taste) is as of lates, here's something with more rock than funk. White Flight is another group that I accidentally stumbled on and then fell in love with. The 2006 release is such quality, with snazzy beats and a cray-cray hippie-looking main man that I'm shocked to find that I still haven't heard anything about them from anyone else. So, in a soon-to-be-failed attempt to turn this around, here are some White Flight tracks. A lot of them. Because this album is awesome.

Dock it:
>> Now
>> Pastora Divine
>> Solarsphere
>> The Condition
>> Obsidian

"Now" and "Pastora Divine" and "The Condition" (which boasts my favorite repeatable phrase: "I could never find a cat like that") are soops fun while "Obsidian" and "Solarsphere" and much more acoustic and beautiful. Solarsphere boasts an almost bluegrass twang with some cray-cray wailing and electric guitar in it while Obsidian swings you straight into beauty land.

Video for "Now":


Image by Agnes Montgomery, who makes amazing collages, including the awesome cover for Panda Bear's new album

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretendra