Sunday, June 17, 2007

Listen Up: I've got a feeling that they've got feeling too


Finally, something unignorable graces my ears. I heard Shapes and Sizes a while back on the radio, and then again, and then again. Everytime I asked, "What IS this? It's so good!" After about the 5th time of saying that, I decided to look them up myself. They've got super screeching wacked-out guitars (as if the guitarists' hand were OD'ing on amphetamines) and some of the most distintinctive vocals around. The vocals also manage to be a little unsettling and screechy, especially with the repeated phrase "I've got a feeling they've got feeling to" which won't stop making me think of everyone's favorite xenophobia theme-bearing friends: the zombies. No. Not The Zombies, but zombies. Maybe I've just been reading too much of The Walking Dead lately, and maybe it'll make you think of something totally different. Thing is, it'll make you think. That's always a good thing.


Anyways, that said, it was enough to get me hooked. Here are two tracks and if you like them, click back soon because there's a good chance I could have more on the way.

>> Shapes and Sizes // Alone-Alive
>> Shapes and Sizes // Head Movin
>> Shapes and Sizes myspace

1 comment:

Austin said...

so that super sexy picture of me that says "clicks" above it does nothing. I was anticipating something very sexy to happen upon my click of it.

also.

Sex In The Break Room > LRMD

...its science.