Thursday, May 10, 2007

Let's have fun, Teenager style.


What's cooler than teenagers? Answer: nothing. Reasoning: (1) I'm a teenager. (2) Dean's a teenager. (3) Everything I'm about to post.

1. The Teenagers are a super hip band who have a song called "Homecoming" that I am 100% obsessed with. It features boy vs. girl vocals with corresponding lyrics. My fave part? The 1:15 mark when the girl singer describes the "totally awesome" guy with "skinny jeans" and "funky hair". There's also mentions of friend requests, spring breaks in Cancun, and hopping out of SUVs. It's not the funnest song ever music-wise but the lyrics are sure to get you hooked in that "oh my god this is so modern it speaks to me" way.

Oh To Be Seventeen! Mix
The Teenagers // Homecoming
The Teenagers // Starlett Johansson
Cut Copy // Saturdays (Reprise)
Belle & Sebastian // Expectations
Oh No Oh My // I Have No Sister
Broken Social Scene // Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl
The Moldy Peaches // Anyone Else But You

Video for "Homecoming"


2. This.

3. It's probably kind of weird that I am obsessed with these, but a while back a bunch of love letters leaked that Paris Hilton wrote to Nick Carter when they were going out. It's fairly fascinating for me for a few reasons. One, Paris writes like she is 13. So when I found out she was going to jail, I was kind of sad just because I don't know how humane it is to send someone to jail who has the mind of an 8th grader. Second, I don't know anyone else in the world who can make a collaged love letter using pictures of themselves taken from tabloids. Click here to view my favorite one in all it's glory.

4. How old do you think those Mutant Ninja Turtles were? That's right. Proof that teenagers are super cool, thereby justifying this incredibly themed post.

No comments: