Thursday, January 3, 2008

Why won't you recognize how psychedelic I am??


The newest band to watch is Yellow Fever. Discovered via randomness and washed ashore onto my winter mix, Yellow Fever is led by 2 female vocalists and backed by a satisfyingly solid bass, creating a different yet not totally offbeat sound. Thanks to the cuties up front, the songs are often really sweet with lines like "Why won't you recognize how psychedelic I am and love me??" as well as a sing-song reminiscent of early Blow songs about breaking an iMac (when it comes to computers, who can't relate to the fear of all the ways you could break one of your friends best technological friend?) Yellow Fever quickly won my heart over. Up until I found out that I have to play the waiting game for a full length. I'm crossing my fingers that they won't pull a Voxtrot and screw it up. Up until then, here's some delicious songs to add to your new playlists.

(via z-share)
>>> Culver City
>>> Psychedelic
>>> iMac
>>> Myspace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.