Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We're Lady Tigra and Bunny and we got the Boom!


My new official favorite thing (apart from the fact that I'm going to see live one of the few musicians who makes me cry upon listening due to grandiosity) is L'Trimm, the girl group from the 80s/90s who produced your favorite "I thought that was Le Tigre even though it sounds nothing like them" song: The Cars That Go Boom (see video below). I'm totally hooked on their catchy tunes, and it turns out that The Lady Tigra, one half of L'Trimm, is coming out with a new solo album this year. I couldn't be more happy. Here's The Cars that Go Boom, a video of this awesome mural being made in LA for the new Lady Tigra album, and some really fun tracks.





And if you're interested, I'm thinking of making my -ahem- broadcasting project next year centered around this kind of Miami Bass music. I'm psyched, and I'm going to learn how to spin/scratch records for the occasion. Get pre-psyched for fun hip hop dance parties once a week.

Tracksss
The Lady Tigra - Bass on the Bottom
L'Trimm - Cars that Go Boom
Duchess Says - Black Flag
(not related to L'Trimm, but equally awesome)

No comments: