Monday, August 27, 2007

Pretty Songs for Airconditioned Evenings


I'm here to finally update you on my current music obsessions. There've been plenty for summer, but my main and favorite one is Rogue Wave They've just released a new album, which persuaded me to get obsessed with a bunch of songs which are, of course, not on the new album. Their songs are all totally beautiful, with a swinging feeling that pushes forward and then falls back (esp Bird on a Wire, my favorite). No matter how upbeat the songs get (which they usually don't, too much), the lead singer's voice is always, despite his best efforts, relaxed and pretty. It really does feel like airconditioning or of twinkling trees on sunny cool days.

Bird on a Wire
Lake Michigan (off of their new album "Asleep at Heaven's Gate", and totally fantastic)
California

site - space - shop

No comments: