Thursday, April 3, 2008

An ode to the internet. And pregnant men.


There are very, very few times when I'm upset about not having cable television in my house. Really, I'm not upset that I don't understand jokes referencing The Office and I couldn't care less about watching Americans make fools of themselves and their stylists on American Idol. Even fabulously produced HBO series about serial killers (Dexter) can't persuade me that it's worth it to own a TV hooked up to anything besides a VCR.

But today things have changed. The single most important TV show of my young life is airing today and I am missing it. (And also crossing my fingers for the miracle of yootoob to come through.) To put it simply: our favorite pregnant man, Thomas Beatie, is on Oprah today.



Pretty much every question you had about Mr. Mom will be answered on this show that I will be shamefully not watching. Thankfully, there's something better than cable television. It's called the internet and it's called liveblogging. My favorite blogger ever, who I once dreamed of being exactly like until I realized I simply was not as hilare, adorable, or Jewish as her, is live-blogging the whole show. It's pretty much hilarious, especially the Juno-esque screenshot and the homecoming court picture. If fascination gets the best of you, or you need a little humor in your life, or you like people that I like to pretend to be, I suggest you read a little of Michelle Collins' brilliance. You might even get hooked.

Go to Best Week Ever probably right exactly now if you're at all a decent human being.


UPDATE: Thank you internet. I got the first half and therefore can collect my own screencaps.


She's totally psyched. And probably belongs in a John Waters film.

No comments: