Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Destination Love pt. 1: 'We can't be contained, baby. It's you + I vs. the world!'



For the sake of the unavoidable indulgence of the love coming up (& the important face that dark chocolate is involved!) It's probably not a shock to anyone that valentine's day irritates me almost as much as...well..that junior high punk kid walking down my street that just threw a styrofoam container full of of old burrito on my front lawn. damn hooligans! I wonder how awkward & uncomfortable their valentine's day will be; a potentially traumatizing junior high date, for sure. That's how 8th grade always is.



If I was back in eighth grade, knowing what I know now, I probably would have made the educated decision to take my "valentine" to see The Make-Up!'s brilliant, revolutionary, ass-swervin' live show. Primarily because they are now defuncted & are known to perform like masters, but they also only ever played shows that were all-ages. & though they are gone, their gospel yeh-yeh style lives on!


The Make-Up!
Live in NYC / 95'


or

Tell It Like It Will Be




note: Weird War is what lead singer Ian Svenonius and bassist Michelle Mae are up to. Check it! (if you dare)

1 comment: