Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Some nights I swear there was magic in the air


My bff Jamora introduced me to this band called Seabear who seem to be the perfect meloncholy sweetness for train rides. I've found that my favorite feeling ever is the feeling of being by yourself on long-distance public transportation. There's something about the impermanence, the feeling of not being in one particular place, the feeling of both leaving something behind and arriving somewhere else. I like being stuck with my thoughts while listening to new music and looking out windows above a land and lives you'll never touch because you're just passing through.

Anyways, Seabear reminds me a bit of the Lovekevins or another sweet twee band who got a dose of sadness and melowed out. In fact, I'm convinced the two bands share the same lead singer, but I'm apparently really bad about finding that out for a fact. Here are a few songs, and I suggest you check out their myspace too because it turns out they're both really cute sounding and really cute looking.

>> Space
>> I Sing I Swim
>> Arms
>> Cat Piano