Sunday, February 18, 2007

huit. Weekly obsessions



1. Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!
First off, check out that title. So cool, so cute, so nice! This track is six full minutes of delicious indie rock pop with a long, building beautiful intro that leads into catchy fun guitars, well-placed hand claps, dingle jangles, and ooh-oohs. Paired with the lead singer's hottie British accent accompanied by a cutie girl and nice lyrics ("If there's one thing I could never confess, it's that I can't dance a single step"), you're in for six minutes of fun and quality goodness. And I promise, it's a little bit addictive, just how we like 'em.

2. Do Make Say Think - Horns of a Rabbit, The Universe!
Maybe I'm retarded, but I had never heard this band until this past week when they snuck into my ears at a coffee shop and soon shot endorphin bubbles of awesimity through my brain. They reminded me of what I fell in love with Broken Social Scene originally for, that beautiful instrumental style that combines dreamy guitars with steady drums and some fuzziness. That sound that makes you sure there must be at least 30 people in the band, all fiddling around to create a dream sequence for you. (okay, so there's only 3 people in the band. Whatevs, they're so good that each person ~10people) I also like that they're like Explosions in the Sky except that they have 3 minute songs and it doesn't take days to build to the stormy parts. Love is what I feel for them. My fave song is "Horns of a Rabbit" but they also have a new release coming out Feb. 27 which "The Universe!" is from. I hope you love.

3. Gui Boratto - Beautiful Life
Another long song (this one's 8 minutos) but this one's not poppy like the prev. Instead it's mainly instrumental/electronic until the 6 minute mark which jumps into some sweet femme vocals. As skatterbrain said (that's where I found this), it's the best candidate for a car commercial. Aka really good.



That's enough listening for now.

No comments: